Saturday, April 5, 2008

Whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

I don't want to be famous. I don't want thousands of people screaming my name. I don't care if thousands of people even know my name. I don't want fame. I don't want to sign autographs. I don't want to be followed by the press. I just want to perform. I want to slip into another character's shoes and become that person for a night. I just want to perform. I just want to feel the warmth of the stage lights on my skin. I just want to perform. I just want to feel the stage beneath my feet. I just want to perform.
It's inside me. That's where it's always been; that's where it always will be. My heart yearns for the stage. My heart thirsts, craves, hungers for, aches for the stage. It's inside me.
It's apart of me.
I just want to perform.
Nothing less...nothing more.
I just want to perform.

No comments: