Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It was all Yellow...

So, YESTERDAY my Student Life binder came in the mail, and I got SUPER excited and my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my body as I went ripping away at the envelope, proceeding to slowly turn the binder over to see the color gracing the front.

And it was....

YELLOW!!!

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have been disappointed with any team, but, deep down inside I wanted Yellow...and holy cow, for once in my life, I got what I wanted! haha...kidding.

I'm not sure why my heart wanted Yellow, but, it did.

So, I'm pretty stoked. It's somewhat sad looking through the list of names from the various teams as well as my own and barely recognizing ANY of them. I mean, very very very few names I recognize...not that I knew tons of SL people, but, still. I suppose it's just like last year. I was hoping to come back and feel like I knew people and knew what the heck I was doing...but, I feel like I'm in the same boat as last year; especially since supposedly a lot of changes are being made. But, I mean, that's exciting. I'm really excited for this summer and I just hope I can do a good job...and have fun! but, that's inevitable.

I shall miss my Blue Team '07 though. I think a hard part about this summer is going to be trying not to compare it to last summer...not compare the people/experiences/etc...or try to relive last summer. I just need to take this summer for what it is and run with it. Who knows...it could be ridiculously better :)

Okay, so, Samford University made me super t-oed.

Here's how this all went down.

So, my phone rings.

I answer it, and it's the Arts Recruiter from Samford.

Now, she's UBER excited...I mean, super excited about life that just OOZES all over the phone as she's talking to me. She is ridiculously excited about...something.

She proceeds to go on and on and ON about how there were hundreds of applicants this year for the School of the Arts and blah blah blah...and how out of all these people I was basically like the top pick.

She just went on and on and ON some more about how the I just impressed the crap (okay, she didn't say that) out of the Theatre department and they wouldn't stop talking about me...and, not only did I impress the Theatre Department, the Music Department (which I thought hated me actually haha) were extremely impressed by my singing.

She goes on.

And on.

"You're just exactly what we want and we're all just crossing our fingers and praying and hoping so hard that YOU'LL COME HERE"

Yeahhh...

Then the best part.

"So, we're going to offer you...

THREE-THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR!!"

My heart sunk.

What

the

crap.

I mean, the way she was talking, you would have thought that I was getting a full ride for crying out loud.

$3,000?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

If I cussed, I'd cuss a lot right now.

This school is freakin 30 grand a YEAR and they're going to give me THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?!?

Oh, snap, don't spend it all in ONE PLACE

I wanted to smack her...a good over the phone smack.

I mean, I'm at a loss for words. They're not giving me diddly squat for my academics because I'm a transfer student (STUPIDITY!!!!!)

I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but, I graduated from high school with a 4.5 GPA. I worked my butt off like you have no idea. I worked so hard. I spent 4 years with my face buried in books and what do I get?? Absolutely NOTHING. And why is that? Because the school I thought I was going to be attending didn't turn out the way I'd thought it would and I became a transfer student.

So, I went to college for the past two years and I have a 4.0 GPA. Straight freakin A's. Does that matter?? Oh, no. I get nothing. A pat on the back from my parents perhaps, but, other than that, nothing.

So, luckily I impressed the School of Performing Arts. I was hoping for SOME help, but, apparently they think it's a huge deal to give someone $3,000. Wow are they wrong.

So, now I'm in quite the pickle. I have no way of affording to go to Samford. I can't afford to go there. Who knows? I may have to stay for 3 years...and I absolutely refuse to owe close to $100,000 when I graduate. That doesn't even make a tiny bit of sense.

I'm trying SO hard and not to worry about this and just trust God...but, it's so hard. I have no idea what to do if I can't find a way to go to Samford. I have nothing else. I have nowhere to go.

So, Samford is not on my happy list right now. They get a Boo from Shara.

Okay, that was a nice vent.

LOVE,
Cookie

No comments: