Thursday, March 13, 2008

So fetch.

So, I got an ACCEPTANCE letter from Samford School of Performing arts that reads...ahem...

"...We are pleased to inform you that, upon the recommendation of the faculty, you have been admitted to the School of the Arts for study in the Department of Theatre & Dance."

Well, heyyy girl heyyyyyyyy!!!

So, this is where I will be in August. I will be in the lovely Birmingham, AL studying musical theatre. NICE? Nice.

Samford has made me feel ridiculously special. My mom called the financial aid office and the lady who answered was like..."SHARA?!?! OH I LOVE SHARA"

Do I know you?

That would be a no.

She just went on and on about how the Chair of the Theatre department and the Dean of the School of the Arts wouldn't stop going on and on about me.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet her!! I've heard she's SOOO TALENTED!"

hmm...don't believe everything you hear ;)

My mom called the other day, and the same lady said that the Chair of the Theatre department came in and asked if "Shara is still interested in coming?? Is she coming?? Did she accept??"

Whaaat?? This makes me laugh.

The woman said she wants to take me to lunch when I come to Birmingham for Student Life rehearsals. She doesn't even know me, and she wants to BUY ME FOOD! This woman is my new best friend.

So, I kinda love Samford. They're so nice. They want to buy me food, and they're semi-obsessed with me. This makes a person feel very special. So, yayy Samford!

Plus, boys in Birmingham open doors for you and call you ma'am. This is hot. After all, I will be double majoring...Musical Theatre and the fabulous M.R.S. degree.

HAHA joke. funny.

So, yesterday in tap my teacher was like "So, I'm just going to teach this..." and it took her awhile to spit out what the heck "it" was. She likes to give me the history behind every step before she teaches it to me. So, I got like 10 minutes of background information. She makes me laugh. Then she hesitated and was like, "Hmm...let's go to the barres." ..."Okay,"...so, we go to the barre and she's like "this is really hard." and I'm like "...wings?"

"Wings." She said solemnly with a slight shake of her head.

*What I wanted to say*

"GIRRRRL ARE YOU CRAZZZY?!?! Do I LOOK like I can do WINGS to you?!?!?!"

but, I didn't. I tried. I failed. But, now I'm determined to get them. I like sit in my classes and do the motion in my chair. I actually tap through classes...B+, A+, riffs, flaps, ball changes, ...you name it. I'm doing it underneath my desk. It's so much more interesting than english and oceanography CRAPPPPPP

I was nominated for "Dancer of the Month" at Viera Dance Conservatory. That cracks me up!! Dancer and Shara and never used in the same sentence. It makes me smile.

No one reads this blog and it's basically pointless and stupid...but, nevertheless, I'll write anyway.

~Cookie.



No comments: