Monday, April 28, 2008

I fear I shall disappoint.

Samford makes me feel really special.

Too special, I think.

They raised my scholarship. The head of the School of the Arts called me (and laughed heartily at my voicemail message haha) and told me they found some more scholarship money and they wanted to give it to me because they had wanted to give me more previously, but, didn't have any. So, when money came available, he said they wanted to give it to the me, "the one who deserved it in the first place."

My mom called today about housing. They said that one of the theatre heads came in and talked to this admissions lady for an hour about how he already had ROLES picked out for ME (Whaaaa?!) and he told her she had his full permission to give me whatever they possibly could in order to get me to go there.

This blows my mind.

I just hope I don't disappoint them. I feel as though I had a freak audition that was really...amazing apparently (weird) and, Samford feels as if I hang the moon.

I don't feel this way.

I just hope I don't turn out to be this big let down...and they don't wonder why in the world there was so much "hype" about "Sharacookie!!" ...yes, they call me that. :)

I hope I can sing, act, and dance as well as they think I can. ha...oh, boy.

But, it does make me feel good. It's so easy to feel so inadequate when you're pursuing your dreams of being an actress. It's so easy to feel like I'll never be good enough or as AMAZING as EVERYBODY else...that no one will ever want to cast me...or accept me...or want me.

Then God sends along Samford. They believe in me tremendously. I know I am going to grow exceedly while I'm there and I can't WAIT to go!

Also, another God thing...I got a check in the mail for a "Kiddie trust fund" my parents had made for me. It was the exact amount needed for room and board at Samford.

God is good.

The tuition is falling into place. I knew it would. God always has everything under control.

How Great is Our God.


Side note: Speaking of...Chris Tomlin has bad diction. "How Grey is our Gah?" what does THAT mean?

One week from now I'll be in Birmingham soaking up the goodness of Student Life. I will be with a bunch of new strangers who will soon become friends (haha hopefully). I will be bombarded with scripts and various time-consuming stressful responsibilities. I will feel overwhelmed, inadequate, scared, happy, excited, elated, tired...

it's going to be great.

Bring it.

Three days left of BCC. The end is so close...

Jazz recital Wednesday night. Feel free to come and be amazed at my dancing abilities....or extreme lack there of.

I performed a routine to "Sway" by Michael Buble. My teacher said, "INREDIBLE! Absolutely INCREDIBLE"

heyyy...who woulda thunk it? Cookie can dance.

~Cookie

No comments: